a box pops up that says "internet explorer has stopped working" but has not!
a box pops up and says, "internet explorer has stopped working". however, it has not stopped.
why am i getting this, and what should i do to stop getting this message?
Anwsers to the Problem a box pops up that says "internet explorer has stopped working" but has not!
Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
When do you get this popup?
I would suggest you to follow these methods and check.
Method 1: Run the following fix-it and check if you receive the message.
Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes
Method 2: Refer the following article:
Tips for solving problems when Internet Explorer crashes or stops working:
Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites.
The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also
reset parental control settings.
We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.
Anti Virus Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.
Hope this helps!
To install drivers and other optional updates
- To install optional updates, you need to review and then select them from the list of updates that Windows finds for your computer. Optional updates are not installed automatically.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click View available updates.
- Select the optional updates that you want, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: a box pops up that says "internet explorer has stopped working" but has not!:
How to Fix a box pops up that says "internet explorer has stopped working" but has not! with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: Action Center - Nero not working but I haven't installed it.,[Solution] A \"Patch\" trys to attach to an \"Uninstalled\" program on every boot. How can I stop this?,Troubleshooter of Error: Actual RAM Size is 4GB but it is showing 2.96 GB usable why?,Tech Support: A document I created and saved won't disappear. It reappears each time I open Word 2007,How to Fix Problem - Accessing emails on my windows laptop?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up