2 separate multilevel lists in the same document
Help! Please! I'm tired of banging my head on this issue.
I need to figure out how the numbering system works for a type of manual.
I figured out the main multilevel list part that goes like this:
1.0 Heading 1
1.1 Heading 2
1.1a Heading 3
1.1a(1) Heading 4
I am able to recreate this and it works fine.
BUT then there is a separate section at the top for a preface that is numbered differently and does not affect the other list.
The preface is numbered like this:
How do I have those 2 separate multilevel lists in the same document and not have them interfere with each other?
I can't figure it out.
Thanks soooo much for any help.
Keys to the Problem 2 separate multilevel lists in the same document
Assuming you're not using the built-in heading styles for the headings in the Preface, there should be no problem.
Just define a new multilevel list linked to the styles you're using.
You can modify these styles to have outline levels of 1, 2, 3 so that
the TOC entries will have the same formatting as the comparable chapter headings.
If you do want/need to use heading styles (because you need to include the paragraph number as a "chapter number" in page or caption numbers), you can use some of the lower-level styles (say, Heading 7-9); they won't include numbering from the upper levels
or restart after higher levels.
This would be the same principle as that explained for numbering appendixes in
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 2 separate multilevel lists in the same document:
How to Fix 2 separate multilevel lists in the same document with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Read More: Fast Solution to Problem: 32 bit compilers on windows 7__,How to Resolve - 32 bit Internet Explorer 9 crashes on my computer, but the 64 bit version and no addons version works fine.?,Fast Solution to Error: 515 All in One Printer,How to Fix Error - 1 TB Backup Hard Drive has 624.44 gb available, labtop system does not continue write latest info to this drive. Please advise.?,[Anwsered] 18 GB (7.99 GB usable),2 problems with office 2007 in windows 8,4 GB DDR2 750 Hard drive windows 7: Why is my memory usage always above 75% from start up?,8 is a mess. Desktop icons keeps shifting and icons move in and out,32 Bit software slow or unresponsive on win 7 pro 64 bit,32-bit IE will no longer respond after running updates. 64-bit does open. 32 -bit ie default so get 30 not responding windows.