Backup failed:0x81000019/ Websites which requires flash player won't work
When trying to back up my new sony vaio laptop with windows 7 it keeps failing with error code 0x81000019 I have virgin media security/back up installed and am trying to back up to an external HD with 200GB of free space.
Also whenever I visit a website requiring flash player I find that it ism not compatable so I can't run the program.
Anwsers to the Problem Backup failed:0x81000019/ Websites which requires flash player won't work
• How’s the external drive formatted? Is it FAT32 or NTFS?
• Are you trying to backup using virgin backup or windows backup?
• Is it a 32 bit or a 64 bit explorer?
Step 1: Start/Restart the Volume Shadow Copy service and the SPP service and set it to automatic.
a. Click Start, type services.msc in the Start search bar and press Enter.
b. Locate Volume Shadow Copy service.
c. Right-click Volume Shadow Copy and select Restart.
d. Now, right-click Volume Shadow Copy and select Properties.
e. Select Automatic under Startup type.
After restarting the Service successfully, please try backing up and check if the issue gets fixed.
Step 2: Disable the firewall/ anti-virus temporarily installed on your computer and then check if the issue still persists.
If the issue resolves, then you might need to uninstall the software and reinstall it back or change the settings and
Note: Make sure you turn-on the antivirus software later.
64 bit edition of Windows 7 does not support adobe flash yet.
So you can run 32bit edition of Internet Explorer by going to the location in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" and double click on iexplore.exe.
You can also create the shortcut by right clicking on iexplore.exe and selecting send to desktop for future use.
Check the link “Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems”http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message.
By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Backup failed:0x81000019/ Websites which requires flash player won't work:
How to Fix Backup failed:0x81000019/ Websites which requires flash player won't work with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Solution to Error: Autorun.inf file is missing from registry,Automatically create new Tabs from List in sheet 1,Solution to Error: Autoroute 2011 won't run,How Can I Fix - ATIV BOOK 9 PLUS DISPLAY ISSUES?,Troubleshoot:AutoPlay stopped working and 'NoDriveTypeAutoRun' registry key is missing on Windows 7. Error,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?