Backing up Hard Drives to Falsh Drives
I have two PC's, one a desktop and the other a laptop. I want to backup both system hard drives and need about 35 GB and 36GB respectively. I saw a couple of 64 GB flash drives that are formated in (something called) NTFS at a reasonable price. Can I
use these flash drives as is?
My desktop has a 400 GB HD with only 45 GB in use, operating on Windows XP Professional Version 2002 and running a Pentium 4 CPU at 2.66 GHz with 1.5 GB of RAM.
My laptop has a 136 GB HD with only 36 GB in use, partitioned to use operating systems of Windows XP Professional 2002 and Windows 7 Home Premium and running a Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4300 at 2.10 GHz with 2.90 GB of RAM.
I'd appreciate any help that anyone could give me.
Solutions to the Problem Backing up Hard Drives to Falsh Drives
For what you'd pay for a 65 GB flash drive, you can buy an external hard drive with at least 1000 GB capacity. That would be more reliable, faster, and obviously have a whole lot more capacity.
I hope this helps. Good luck.
Using Windows troubleshooter:
- Click on Search on Charm bar and type Troubleshooting. Click on the very first option.
- A new window will open. Click View all from the left pane.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Windows update.
- Troubleshooter window for Windows update will pop up. Click on NEXT. It may ask you for administrative permission.
- The troubleshooter will automatically detect problems and fix it.
- Now, close this window and try download/install the app which was previously showing error.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Backing up Hard Drives to Falsh Drives:
How to Fix Backing up Hard Drives to Falsh Drives with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Fix - Authentec Biometric Reader wont read when \"pc is locked\", login works flawlessly?,Are the standard gadgets included with Windows 7 safe? [Anwsered],Fast Solution to Error: Backup freezes at 43%,[Anwsered] Automatically copy selected rows to tickler summary sheet,Troubleshoot:Auto Number\/ Auto Fill Error,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?