Autorecover unchecked, but backup files still being created?
Under Excel options in Office 2007 on XPSP3 I have unchecked Autorecover yet backup files are still being created every time I work on a file. Can anyone tell me how to stop this?
Solutions to the Problem Autorecover unchecked, but backup files still being created?
I think this may not be autorecover. There is an option to backup files in the saveas dialog
choose Save As
in the dialog, on the right at the bottom are two buttons Save and Cance. Just to the left of Save is the word Tools with a dropdown arrow to the right of Tools. Click on the dropdown arrow and select General Options. In the resulting dialog, the first
choice in the upper right corner is a checkbox to "Always Save a Backup". Make sure that is unchecked.
Note that I had a heck of a time finding that tools button - I guess I am blind, but I spent 15 minutes until I finally saw it. Note I am using Windows Vista - I know in xl2003 on XP, the tools button was on the upper right as I recall - so don't let me
lead you astray - but it should be there somewhere.
note: If you receive an answer to your question - please mark that answer or answers so others know the question has been answered.
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Autorecover unchecked, but backup files still being created?:
How to Fix Autorecover unchecked, but backup files still being created? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Run it, and it will scan your system. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Tech Support: Back up and restore not working,How to Fix Problem - Background color RGB codes?,Troubleshooter of Error: Automated troubleshooters not working.,How to Resolve - At the end of the Date put the day that the date represents?,Backup size is huge! Why? Tech Support,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?