Monday, April 18, 2016

After upgrading Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, I have no browser access (IE8 nor Firefox 3.5). I am still getting Windows Updates, and my Netgear WN111 wireless adapter connects just fine to my Netgear WNR 3500 router. Tech Support

After upgrading Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, I have no browser access (IE8 nor Firefox 3.5). I am still getting Windows Updates, and my Netgear WN111 wireless adapter connects just fine to my Netgear WNR 3500 router.

I have downloaded the latest WN111 drivers from Netgear and installed them.
I have set up the adapter with a static IP address.
I have uninstalled the Netgear drivers and let Windows 7 detect the adapter.
None of these attempts worked.
The Network and
Sharing Center shows that my network is OK and cannot detect any problems.
I do not have the ability to connect directly to the satellite modem, as it is in another house and moving this desktop there would be a huge pain.

When I installed Win 7, I did not perform a clean install, as I have a lot of programs on this computer.
I didn't want to discombobulate all of those programs.  I hope there is a fix, because I would hate to have to nuke this machine and start again.
So far
my Win 7 experience sucks.

Asus M4A79 Deluxe MB
AMD Phenom X4 940 CPU
OCZ Reaper 1066 MHz RAM (8 GB)
ATI Radeon HD4870 with 1 GB GDDR5 RAM

Solutions to the Problem After upgrading Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, I have no browser access (IE8 nor Firefox 3.5). I am still getting Windows Updates, and my Netgear WN111 wireless adapter connects just fine to my Netgear WNR 3500 router.

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

Let's try a couple more things:

Reset Winsock for Windows 7
To reset Winsock for Windows Vista, follow these steps:
1.  Click , type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd.exe,
click Run as administrator, and then press Continue.
2.   Type netsh winsock reset at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Note If the command is typed incorrectly, you will receive an error message.
Type the command again.
When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt.
Then, go to step 3.
3.   Type exit, and then press ENTER.
Let's also do a telnet...
 
By default, Telnet is not installed with Windows, but you can install it by following the steps below.
Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Programs, and then clickTurn Windows features
on or off.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the Windows Features dialog box, select the Telnet Client check box.
Click OK.
The installation might take several minutes.
After Telnet Client is installed, open it by following the step below.
To open Telnet Client
Open Telnet by clicking the Start button , typing cmd in the Search box,
and then clicking OK Type telnet www.google.com 80 and press Enter
Let me know what happens! 
 

Cody C
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Note: It is recommended that you back up your files and folders before attempting this step:

  • Move the mouse cursor over to the upper right side of the screen.
  • A menu will pop up on the left. Click on the "Settings" feature on the menu.
  • On the Settings window, click on the "Change PC settings."
  • Now, left click on the "Update and recovery" feature.
  • For the next step, left click on the "Recovery" feature.
  • There is an option here saying "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." There, left click on the "Get started" button.
  • Now, follow the instructions on the screen to finish the Refresh process.
  • After the Refresh process has finished restart your Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 device.
  • Check again to see if the error After upgrading Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, I have no browser access (IE8 nor Firefox 3.5). I am still getting Windows Updates, and my Netgear WN111 wireless adapter connects just fine to my Netgear WNR 3500 router. has been fixed.

If you do not possess the technical expertise required to accomplish this yourself or do not feel comfortable doing so, download and install a powerful automated tool to get the job done.

Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After upgrading Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, I have no browser access (IE8 nor Firefox 3.5). I am still getting Windows Updates, and my Netgear WN111 wireless adapter connects just fine to my Netgear WNR 3500 router.:

How to Fix After upgrading Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, I have no browser access (IE8 nor Firefox 3.5). I am still getting Windows Updates, and my Netgear WN111 wireless adapter connects just fine to my Netgear WNR 3500 router. with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.


Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Problem: Alignment page for HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One J510 series & HP 1050 All-in-One J410 series,How Can You Fix - After upgrading to windows 7, my wireless adapter does not turn on. Message saying that the radio is off.?,Troubleshoot:After upgrading to windows 8 my optical drive and HDMI out have stopped working.,After installing windows 7 in vgn-fz455D the SD card reader doesn't work. [Solved],How to Fix Problem - After uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, I do not see Internet Explorer 8?,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment